Our waste is managed by Interwaste Environmental Solutions, a Séché Environnement company, one of France’s leading players in the recovery and treatment of all types of waste, from both industry and local communities.
M² Environmental Connections, independent environmental consultants and impact assessors, were appointed in May 2020 to facilitate an environmental compliance assessment for the operation of a precious metals refining facility in Tshwane.
The objectives of the assessment were to ascertain compliance with the requirements the following environmental legislation and municipal by-laws:
- National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act 107 of 1998);
- National Environmental: Waste Act, 2008 (Act 59 of 2008);
- National Water Act, 1998 (Act 36 of 1998);
- Mineral Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 (Act 28 of 2002);
- City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality Sanitation By-Laws (Notice 647 of September 2003).
Precious Metals Tswane’s activities fall within the requirements as depicted in the Waste Classification and Management Regulations as promulgated in GNR 634 of 23 August 2013. There were no findings that were non-compliant with the assessed environmental legislation.